Sunday, October 14, 2007

Congratulations Eric and Danielle!

Our friends, Eric and Danielle, tied the knot this weekend, and our little Avery was part of the wedding party. When Danielle indicated to Dan that she’d like for Avery to participate, Dan and I did everything we could to gently encourage her to re-consider. Avery’s a bit of a wildcard, so naturally we were a little uncomfortable with the idea (mainly for Eric and Danielle's sake since Dan and I know what Avery’s capable of). But, Avery’s crazy about Eric and Danielle, so maybe she’d cooperate?

So, how’d she do? She did okay (maybe an 8.5 out of 10). Avery had a great morning and lined up nicely with the kids (she’ll do anything for fruit snacks). Then, it was Avery’s turn to walk down the aisle, and she became distracted by the fountain/pond (she LOVES water). So, she had a little tantrum, and I coaxed her off the ground, and down the aisle. She got about halfway down the aisle [TRIP 1], stopped, and yelled “WATER!” and then ran back to the fountain. I sent her back down the aisle [TRIP 2], at which point she saw Dan, and ran toward him, and tripped and fell. And then she went back to the fountain, where she threw her stick in the water, tried to retrieve it (nearly falling in; Dan got her just in time), followed by Avery and Dan walking down the aisle together [TRIP 3]. I scooped her up, and double-timed it back to the hotel room where the sitter was hanging out. Of course Avery had a few things to say/do before she’d go quietly, all of which was very loud, and Avery-oriented. Naturally, everyone finds her antics amusing while Dan and I were melting.

Avery
was stellar at the reception. Then the music started, and Avery (“the dancing queen’’) was full-speed again, lapping the reception room. She honed in on the bride and groom’s first dance (so embarrassing, and we feel terrible that we didn’t see that one coming). So, again, I scooped her up, headed for the nearest exit until it was time for everyone to begin dancing. When that began, Avery ran for the dance floor and started spinning, and having a gay ‘ole time in her own little world. She kept saying, “I dance, I dance!” Dan and I are in awe of Avery, and nervously anticipate meeting her sister.

As far as meeting Avery’s sister goes, I am now starting my 33rd week. I check in with the doctor on Tuesday, and then every other week until week 36. At that point I’ll start checking in every week until the baby is born.


In other news, today is my Mom and Dad’s 31st wedding anniversary—Congratulations! And, this week Ranger Ray returned from his deployment, and we’re so grateful for his safe return.


In the meantime, we’re delighted for Eric and Danielle, and couldn’t be happier for them. They are a terribly fun couple, and I know Dan’s grateful to have them as co-workers. Happy honeymooning Eric and Danielle!


Danielle and Eric


















Avery and Danielle (and another fairy!)

















Danielle and Eric had a harvest-themed wedding. Avery was a fairy.



















No comments: