Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The day after

Today is the second day of my 31st year. Wow, I’m 31, and I totally believe it and totally feel like it. Yesterday was a pretty special day, despite the fact that I still went about my normal routine with my two little ankle-biters underfoot. It’s fun to hear from people, and see what types of surprises pop up throughout the day. Avery wore her Elmo party hat (as she does everyday), and skipped around the house wishing me a “Happy Birthday! Make a wish!” Instead of correcting her, as she does this everyday, I just said, “Thanks.” The day topped off with a Mrs. Fields cookie cake, and some Dora party hats. Avery thought she’d help me blow out my candles, and by blow I mean spit. So we saved that corner of the cake for her ;) All in all, it was a pretty cool day. Now if I can just hang in there for 31 more!

Avery helping me "spit out" the candles.













Avery being chastised for spitting on the cake.
















Today also marks the one-week countdown til Lea comes to town. In honor of this highly anticipated occasion we let Avery drink some pickle juice (don’t worry there wasn’t more than a tablespoon of juice in there; for those of you that don’t know, Lea loves pickles and has a long history of drinking from the pickle jar).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday
I want you to know that I REMEMBERED but unfortunatly the card didn't make the mail---such is life of a mom--sorry! you will be getting one...cute party hats
jill