Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Preschool

So we're here. We're now officially parents of a pre-schooler. This transition is bringing about such a strange mix of emotions—excitement for Avery; sadness that she’s growing up and it’s happening so incredibly fast; relief to be consistently ‘offloading’ a child for a bit; anxiety about Avery being in someone else’s care, etcetera.

So, how'd it go? Great! She loved it, and it was fairly anti-climatic. She did mention though that her teacher told her to be quiet, which we thought was totally hysterical. Oh little Avery....this is going to be so good for you!

And here she is.......little Miss Pre-school modeling her very cute backpack.

Avery: "I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!"

Walking into the school, and waving to Dan.

Putting Avery's nametag on. Bummer, there's more than one Avery, but I don't suspect it will take the teacher long to figure out who's who.....

2 comments:

Tallentsfamily said...

come next year you will be sitting like me WAITING for preschool to start and so excited you could pee your pants...last year was hard for me too- now if I don't get Wyatt started I am going to give him away- he's driving me nuts!
Really now I have to anticipate kindergarden! OMG!
That is going to bring me to tears!
J-

Unknown said...

Oh Sus I remember that feeling like it was yesterday. Almost bittersweet isn't it!! She is so adorable and just exactly did the last three years go? Wow!! Give my beautiful nieces kisses and hugs for me. Love You!!

Tessa