Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Shirley Temple Likes Candy

I had another re-assuring doctor’s appointment this morning. The baby’s heartbeat was 152, and loud and clear. I’ll go back in a couple weeks, followed by an ultrasound appointment on July 23. Avery accompanied me to this appointment, and enjoyed performing for the waiting room. It is funny to hear what people say: “She’s so tall. How old is she?” “She’s got flair, sort of like in a Shirley Temple kind of way!” And my favorite, “I can’t believe you’re giving her candy. That’s so bad for her!” Of course, I’m trying my best to be polite, and told her to SHUT UP! Just kidding……that would have been funny though. Instead, I gave her my best SHUT UP look (and that did the trick).

The “nesting” sense is kicking in strong. We’ve started the before-the-baby-comes lists. The list is growing, and growing. Right now we’re making plans for Avery’s big girl room. I’m seeing some pink paint in Dan’s future. He might gripe about it, but he’ll do anything for Avery.

Among the items on this list is finding a new home for our cats. There’s been some love-loss over the last couple of years, and we’re feeling that it is time to part ways. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I’ll be happy to play “let’s make a deal” with you (and we’re feeling pretty generous!).















As for Avery, she’s still dancing through life. Lately, I’ve caught her in the corner “reading” a book. Her new favorites are anything by Dr. Seuss. "Dan I am" knows Green Eggs and Ham by heart. We’ll be thrilled if her love for books continues.

Enjoy your week!

No comments: